Great event, stimulating and informative.
|Dates||Mon 4 February 2013 - Fri 8 February 2013|
|Cost||1295.00 - £GBP (*residential)|
1045.00 - £GBP (**non-residential)
*Residential, includes: 4 nights accommodation, all meals for the duration of the course, course fees and materials
**Non-residential, includes: lunch and refreshments for the duration of the course, course fees and materials
This course builds on participants’ understanding and skills of how to develop sustainable and cost effective
monitoring and evaluation processes and practices within their own projects and organisations. It is also relevant for those trying to improve and enhance current M&E processes, or supporting partners to develop and implement effective M&E. The focus is on ensuring M&E contributes towards improving organisational learning and accountability.
Objectives of the course
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- Have developed a deeper understanding of the characteristics of effective M&E
- Have reviewed how M&E processes indicate if a project is being implemented as planned, and explored some of the challenges that can arise from these processes
- Be able to select and use participatory methods effectively, particularly for collecting data on outcomes and impact data
- Have explored ways to address issues around impact assessment and the monitoring and evaluation of less tangible outcomes and impacts
- Have considered their own role in bringing about improved M&E within their projects and organisations.
This course is intended for those with some experience of monitoring and evaluation. It has been designed to build on and enhance participant’s skills and understanding of M&E and work through some of the complex challenges in doing M&E with other experienced practitioners.