On Tuesday 14th November, more than 100 people from many different parts of the world joined our live webinar on ‘Sustaining civic action: towards a global movement for respectful partnership and responsible exit’.
We heard fantastic presentations from
- Cathal Gilbert, CIVICUS Monitor
- Jessie Davie, Maliasili Initiatives
- Kathy Reich, the Ford Foundation’s Building Institutions and Networks (BUILD) initiative
- Nicole Leotaud, Caribbean Natural Resources Institute (CANARI)
We had a rich discussion around the politics of partnership, roles of INGOs and funders, resource mobilisation, civil society governance, and capacity development for sustainability.
As Anabel Cruz, Director of ICD and Chair of CIVICUS said: “this is only the beginning of the conversation”. It continues for the next few days on our on-line forum and at the ICSW in Fiji from 4th to 8th December.
Join the on-line forum now to access the webinar recording, share your ideas, and read contributions from (among others):
- Auli Stark, Kepa
- Bridget Moix, Peace Direct
- Edna Chilimo and Elias Xavier, the Foundation for Civil Society Tanzania
- Jenny Hodgson, the Global Fund for Community Foundations
- Jiban Karki, PHASE Nepal
- Judith Greenwood, CHS Alliance
- Kaustuv Bandyopadhyay, Participatory Research in Asia (PRIA)
- Roy Trivedy, United Nations
If you previously registered for the webinar through Eventbrite, you should have received joining instructions for the on-line forum by email (check your junk box also!). If you did not receive these instructions, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you did not register but want to participate in the forum discussion, you are very welcome! Please contact us on email@example.com to receive instructions.