Today, Wednesday 18 October, Bond and INTRAC are pleased to announce a new partnership to provide training and learning opportunities for Bond’s membership.
The Bond-INTRAC partnership will bring together knowledge and expertise to actively support the UK INGO sector and model how strategic collaboration can work in practice.
We will work together, drawing on our diverse relationships, and the insights we gain through our interactions with actors across the sector to provide high-quality training and thought leadership to INGOs in their practice, supporting them and strengthening longer-term change within the sector. This is especially important given many organisations working in international development are reimagining their roles as they respond to the ethical challenges of localisation, decolonisation and explore the realities of working in different ways.
INTRAC specialises in the following training areas which will be available to all Bond members: Advocacy Strategy and Influencing Skills (ASIS), Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL), Advanced Monitoring and Evaluation Systems (AMES), Partner Capacity Strengthening (PCS). INTRAC also design tailor-made in-house training to suit the needs of organisations. Through their global partnerships, INTRAC is diversifying their training content, trainers pool and offer for the future.
Speaking about the partnership, Bond’s Director of Membership and Communications, Michael Wright said:
“We are delighted to be working in partnership with INTRAC to offer the international development sector specialist training programmes catered to organisation’s needs. This is an opportunity for us to share resources and skills effectively and create extra value for the sector as a whole. We look forward to developing the partnership further over the coming months and years.”
Kate Newman, CEO of INTRAC said:
“We are very excited to be working in partnership with Bond as we expand and diversify our training offer. We have a long history of providing training to the UK INGO sector, supporting them to play positive and progressive roles in their partnerships with civil society organisations across the globe. Looking forward, this collaboration will provide an excellent opportunity to bring training ideas and content from our partners based across the globe to a UK audience, opening up space for civil society actors in Africa, Asia and Latin America to support the UK INGO sector as they evolve their practice.”
Notes for editors
- Bond members will receive a 10% discount on all the in-person and online courses on offer in the INTRAC training programme. To receive the discount, members should fill in the online application form.
- INTRAC’s courses are available to view on the Bond website.
- INTRAC training is designed for – and by – civil society and international development practitioners, with the aim of improving the capacities of these sectors.
- Bond is the UK network for organisations working in international development. Bond unites and supports a diverse network of nearly 400 civil society organisations from across the UK, and allies to help eradicate global poverty, inequality and injustice.
- Established in the UK in 1991, INTRAC is a values-driven consultancy, training, and research organisation. Its mission is to influence positive social change by strengthening civil society organisations, helping them develop, engage with others, and do what they do better.
- For further information or interviews please contact Jess Salter at email@example.com or call 07392972411.