The fourth in INTRAC’s new series of free webinars will focus on decolonising consultancy. Join us on Thursday 21 September at 1pm UK time to hear from and engage with four knowledgeable speakers on this important topic. Decolonisation has been one of the watchwords for civil society in recent years – but how does this apply to the commissioning and practice of consultancy?
Our discussion will be guided by three main questions:
- What does decolonising consultancy mean in practice?
- What needs to change and how can this happen?
- What roles do different actors need to play – be they consultancies in the global South, international consultancies, or donors?
Speakers and topics
We will be joined by five excellent speakers – further details are still to be confirmed. Each guest will speak for a few minutes on their chosen topic.
- Rob Lloyd (ITAD)
- Elena Gillis (Adeso) on “Adeso’s experiences in building a consulting company with dedication to contribute to decolonization”
- Nancy Kankam Kusi (WACSI) on “the decolonising advisory platform as a means to promote decolonizing consultancies”
- Alaa Shaheen (Beit Al-Karma)
- Sam Varley (Comic Relief)
Participants will also hear an introduction from sociologist, consultant, and INTRAC board member Suzanne Hammad, who will serve as chair for this event.
How to sign up
You can sign up to attend this online event for free, via Eventbrite. Additional joining details will be provided nearer to the event date. INTRAC will send a full event summary and recording to all registrants.
Catch up on past events
All the outputs from INTRAC’s three previous, recent webinars are available now. These include full event recordings, highlight videos, and written summaries. Additionally, each theme has an associated blog series, written by both INTRAC staff and guest authors.
- Shifting the power through organisational development (March 2022)
- Shifting the power through monitoring, evaluation, and learning (July 2022)
- Modelling progressive funding (January 2023)