- This event has passed.
Organised by INTRAC in partnership with ICD Uruguay, Peace Direct and Y Care International
If the international community is to deliver on its promises to the most vulnerable people, then civil society actors need to be independent, effective, credible and sustainable. This virtual Event will contribute to bringing about a fundamental change in how funders and intermediary organisations support the sustainability of grantees and partners.
Join us to share experiences and build momentum to rethink partnership, strengthen capacity for sustainability, and ensure a responsible approach to planning for aid exit.
The free virtual Event will involve:
Tuesday 14th November 2017, 13h00-15h00 GMT: A 2-hour free webinar in English using Zoom software, with presentations and reflections from:
- Anabel Cruz, ICD and chair of CIVICUS
- Cathal Gilbert, CIVICUS Monitor
- Helen Mealins, INTRAC
- Jessie Davie, Maliasili Initiatives
- Kathy Reich, the Ford Foundation’s Building Institutions and Networks (BUILD) initiative
- Nicole Leotaud, Caribbean Natural Resources Institute (CANARI)
Tuesday 14th November – Thursday 16th November 2017: An online written discussion forum with guest contributions from:
- Auli Starck, Kepa
- Bridget Moix, Peace Direct
- Edna Chilimo and Elias Xavier, the Foundation for Civil Society Tanzania
- Jenny Hodgson, the Global Fund for Community Foundations
- Jiban Karki, PHASE Nepal
- Judith Greenwood, CHS Alliance
- Kaustuv Bandyopadhyay, Participatory Research in Asia (PRIA)
- Roy Trivedy, United Nations
This event is linked with International Civil Society Week (ICSW) 2017 taking place in Suva, Fiji, from 4 to 8 December. A summary of debates, questions and suggestions from this virtual Event will be shared and discussed during ICSW. This will provide further opportunity for a wide range of civil society actors to join the discussion and consider future action around partnership, exit and sustainability.
Register for the virtual Event by visiting: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/icsw-2017-virtual-event-respectful-partnership-and-responsible-exit-registration-38721368656