INTRAC has been supporting the development of civil society organisations across countries of the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) for over 20 years.
We have a dedicated team focusing on MENA, and have a growing network of experts located within the region. We combine international expertise and knowledge in our core areas with strong linguistic, cultural and social knowledge of the region.
INTRAC’s emphasis is on strengthening the quality of capacity development support for civil society and giving people access to innovative approaches and best practice that can strengthen the sustained and long-term impact of local organisations.
We focus on:
- Advice and design of capacity development programmes for civil society.
- Developing the skills of civil society actors to carry out evidence-informed programming and advocacy including use of theories of change and action research.
- Online and face-to-face training and mentoring for civil society in our core areas of monitoring, evaluation, and impact assessment, organisational and capacity development, and programme design.
- Delivering high-quality scoping studies and contextual analysis.
- Conducting evaluations and impact assessments.
- Development of programmes of training and mentoring of consultants and trainers to improve high-quality capacity development support in the region.
- Sharing knowledge between different actors within countries and across the region.
- Promoting publication and dissemination of learning by practitioners from the region.
Recent training and consultancies include work in Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia and Yemen.
Action research and advocacy training for Women Participating in Public Life programme
Needs assessment for the Humanitarian Leadership Academy in the Middle East
Mixed methods evaluation of Syrian Active Citizens Programme, British Council – Syria
Evaluation of Transparency International’s National Integrity Systems
Exposing the King Khalid Foundation to advocacy strategies in the UK
Who dares? Dealing with the ambiguities of consulting ‘with soul’ in Lebanon
Building a strong and sustainable civil society across Middle East North Africa: a collaborative approach
Thinking like a business? Social enterprise and civil society sustainability in the Middle East