We exist to strengthen the effectiveness of civil society to challenge poverty and inequality, empowering people to gain greater control over their own future.
Our vision is that people are able to come together and to organise in forms that are effective, sustainable, and legitimate in their own societies.
Our Strategies for Action 2015-2020
1. Strengthen in-country and regional access to transformative capacity development support for civil society
2. Influence policy makers, government regulators and funders to improve policy, strategy and practice related to civil society
3. Provide cutting-edge capacity building and advisory support to civil society organisations and those setting the parameters for its work
4. Coach individuals to become supporters and champions of civil society
5. Promote learning and the development of innovative and transformative approaches to civil society strengthening
6. Share findings and results of our work widely and accessibly